• Investor
  • Kailua, HI
Votes |
Newbie from Kailua, Hawaii

Alan Kahanu
  • Investor
  • Kailua, HI
Posted Dec 27 2016, 22:32

ALOHA!  Newbie here, born, raised and still residing in Kailua, Hawaii.  Full-time member with 30+ years in the Hawaii Army National Guard.  I'm a part-time real estate investor aspiring to invest full-time in the next 3-5 years upon possibly retirement from my full-time career. Living in Hawaii where the entry point is steep, I will be investing out-of-state for the foreseeable future in long-term buy and hold deals.  

Bought my first investment out-of-state condo and a duplex in 2010-11 and have been motivated ever since. Both are cash flowing nicely. Took a pause from additional purchases but have continued learning through many real estate investing books, constant online market watching, and for the past several months have been reading a lot on BiggerPockets.  Knowledge is Power!

My real estate goal is to acquire 4-5 SFR buy-and-hold deals per year for the next 3 years. Doing a flip or two in Hawaii would be exciting if I can find the right deals. Long term goal is for my portfolio to cash flow into financial freedom. Appreciation and real estate sales would be a bonus!

Always seeking advice. Investing out-of-state, I will need to build my team one market at a time. Currently heavily considering Indianapolis and possibly Atlanta.  If you're in these areas or would like to educate me on a better market, please let me know.

Loading replies...