Looking to network in and around San Diego!

8 Replies

Hi BP! My name is Brittany Lokey. I’m 22 years old and currently living in San Diego. I discovered the BP podcasts a little over a year ago which solidified my desire to get into investing. I joined the site around that time but am just now starting to use the platform to network. Though I haven’t jumped into my own investing quite yet I do have a few years of real estate experience under my belt. In college, I worked as a receptionist at a Keller Williams office, then an assistant to a busy Transaction Coordinator, and then an assist to an independent real estate broker where I helped with some property management. Since then I have received my Real Estate License and work at boutique real estate brokerage geared toward helping investors.

I am looking to expand my network primarily with experienced investors, flippers, builders, etc., and build valuable, working relationships where we can help each other grow. I have a great mentor that’s helped guide me where I want my career to go and shown me that this world is all about honest, REAL relationships with others. So, if anyone in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Arizona, or anywhere is looking to connect please feel free to send a colleague request and PM me! I’d love to see into the world of a seasoned investor.

As for my own personal investing goals, I am very interested in eventually building my own portfolio of rental properties, SFR and multi-family. I may be interested in doing flips but I am more interested in passive income.

Originally posted by @Brian Murkland :

@Brittany Lokey its great to attend the local meet ups. I joined NSDREI and went to my first meeting last month, highly recommend it.

Oh I've heard about that one. I met a gentleman from the NSDREI board of directors and he told us about it as well. I will definitely check it out.

Originally posted by @Brittany Lokey :
Originally posted by @Brian Murkland:

@Brittany Lokey its great to attend the local meet ups. I joined NSDREI and went to my first meeting last month, highly recommend it.

Oh I've heard about that one. I met a gentleman from the NSDREI board of directors and he told us about it as well. I will definitely check it out.

Brittany, our NSDREI meeting is this Tuesday at 6:00 pm. www.nsdrei.org

Hello @Brittany Lokey

This is great resource to always be using. Love the podcasts and books, not the mention all the great articles written by some of the greatest minds. Join all the meet ups possible. I was in San Diego last week. I focus my time on raising capital for multi-family out of state. Will be happy to chat! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you