• Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Shy but eager newbie!

Jessica Melendez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Aug 20 2017, 15:33
Hello BP, I’m Jessica! I started listening to BP Podcast about 2 weeks ago, and I’m must say that I cannot get enough. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad yesterday (yes one day). I’m ready to start investing, like yesterday! To give you guys a bit of a back story .... I am 28 years young, Accounting major. Currently working as a Staff Accountant at a big Real Estate company in Midtown. I’m a true believer in implementing the things I learn at work to my personal life. Everyday that I analyze these financials I ask myself, why am I taking so long to invest in real estate. Everyone starts from nothing (or somewhere). I was recently trying to purchase a condominium in Yonkers. Unfortunately, a cash buyer out-bided me. After listening to about 20 podcasts I’ve decided to purchase a Fourplex. Of course, living in New York makes my market much more expensive. I truly believe the Bronx area is up and coming. I have found a few properties I’m interested in. Where I seem to stumble is where to start. I can get an approval for a conventional loan, but not for the amount of the asking prices. The strategy I come up with at the moment is getting a Private Lender. Looking for guidance, advise. I’m eager to learn and take action. Thanks in advance! Xoxo Jess.

Loading replies...