Ana Garrido
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Introducing myself from Philadelphia, PA

Ana Garrido
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Nov 13 2017, 14:32

Hi BiggerPocketeers!

I am just a newbie planning to become a successful real estate investor through the famous Bigger Pockets-Path: Brrrr (Buy, rehab, rent, refinance & repeat). Since I found BP about 7 months ago, I have become a fervent listener of its podcasts, addict to read the forum, and also I have assisted to several local REI meetings, to be precise, the Diversified Real Estate Group (DIG), but NOT ACTION!. So I decided to jump by introducing myself.

My short real estate experience has been abroad, in my home country Dominican Republic. There, my husband and I bought a house in blueprints that once it was built, we rented it for 2 years and recently we sold it. So, it was hold & flip strategy, right?. Now, we want to use its equity to start investing in Pennsylvania.

Our goals are to buy 1-4 unit fix-upper residential properties in Philly and surrounding areas. As my husband is very handy and his uncle is a licensed general contractor, we plan to rehab them ourselves and then sell some of them in order to raise capital, but we have with the final goal of holding rental properties until we build a portfolio that allows us finally say “we are financially free!”.

We are currently seeking to expand our knowledge, networking and built a powerful team that allows us to start the game.

Hence, I am open to receive advice. Also, if someone is willing to mentor a newbie, please sign me up.

Many thanks in advance. 

PD: excuses for the grammar mistakes, I am still in the English learning process. 

Loading replies...