New member from St. Louis, Missouri

7 Replies

My name is Eric, I'm from St. Louis, Missouri- and I would like to call myself a new investor. I haven't done a deal yet, I've spent most of my time learning and I've grown restless. I'm ready to do my first deal and embark on my investment journey. I would really like to network so I can learn as much from people via firsthand experience as opposed to broad "tips and tricks" from gurus etc. I want to do my first deal so it can feel real to me. Overall, I would like to start by wholesaling, and work my way towards buy and hold, and buy flips. I've come to realize as much as I thought I learned, there's a ton of information that I do not know. I look forward to interacting with the people here on bigger pockets and learning as much as I can. Eric

Welcome to BP @Eric Brown ! Keep learning but you learn most once you take action and start. You mentioned you are looking to wholesale. What markets are you looking at? There is so much information throughout this site on it.

Welcome @Eric Brown , if you want to get started wholesaling, just jump in! lol. Not quite, but basically. Have you decided where and what type of properties you want to try and wholesale? If you really want that first deal though figure out what marketing you need/want to do and get on it! like they say, you find a good enough deal and the money will find you. If you're going to wholesale in St. Louis, I know most wholesalers here aren't great, so if you can be true, and not just wholesaling "deals" that are already on the MLS, you'll stand out pretty quickly.

There's numerous meetups in STL, come out to some, Next thursday in Dogtown there's a BP meetup at Heavy Riff Brewing, hosted by the awesome @Megan Greathouse @ 5pm. 

Good luck!

Hey, thank all of you for your responses. @Dan-I'm interested in St Louis City with about a 10-15 mile radius.

@Donald- I haven't really thought about what type of property specifically I'd like to wholesale. Really, I figured if I knew what my end buyers were looking for, I would have an idea of what to be looking for myself, and if I found something interesting along the way I'd look into it. Maybe that's somewhat naive? That was my thinking on the matter.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you