New Member from Pasadena California

8 Replies

Hi everyone! I’m just getting started on my path to financial freedom through real estate investing. I want to get started NOW but I understand that there is a minimum amount of knowledge I need to obtain before I jump in. I’m wondering for those who have successfully purchased their first property, what did that knowledge minimum look like for you? 10 books, 1 Year, 200 podcasts, 5 courses??? I will always educate and re-educate myself but getting started can be a bit stressful so any advice would be awesome. Currently, I’m reading Brandon Turner’s, REI and plan to start (actually, finish-I set this aside for the Rental book) David Greene’s Long Distance REI book.

Hi @Disia Page

I think when it comes to your first purchase looking at educatiing yourself is incredibly important. Outside of books, I would suggest you go to FIBI or LAREI investor meetings. FIBI is in Pasadena, LAREI is San Gabriel. You can meet like minded individuals and look into what kind of investments you want to make and where you want to make them. There are so many levels of interest and Niche's in real estate, so the more you attend and read you will discover the types of investments you want to pursue. There will never be a minumum or maximum number of educational opportunities before you jump in, it will eventually come down to you taking action when you feel like the deal and the time is right. 

Promotion
Avail
Landlording made easy.
Best-in-Class Platform for DIY Landlords
List unlimited units, screen tenants, draft and sign leases, and collect rent—all free.
Use Avail—Free!
Originally posted by @Disia Page :

@Andrew Syrios Thank you! I am listening to episode #121, so that I can virtually get to know you (lol)! I love this website and this forum. 

Wise move. Episode 121 is, in my extremely humble opinion, the best BiggerPockets podcast out there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you