Rooky from West Michigan

2 Replies

Good evening everyone. I'm trying to get started in rehabbing SFRs and MFRs. I've had little experience with real estate. I currently have a SFR out of state. I have a great job in the aviation field and dont plan on quitting. I am working on making this something to supplement my retirement and pass on to my kids to continue. I am concentrating on West Michigan area. Dont be afraid to say hi.

Welcome John! 

The market in Grand Rapids is crazy right now! Its an exciting time to be a part of all the action. What is your plan after the rehabbing? Flipping? Turn into rentals? 

I'm going to try the BRRRR method and keep going until I cant. I've been hearing a lot of negative things about GR. Not in the sense of bad properties or anything, just in the sense of too many rentals in the area and the gov't might try and step in to stop it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you