Newbie looking to flip houses

5 Replies

Hi Armando, 

The first thing you need to do is to dig deep into yourself and find out what is it that you really want to do. If your plan is to start and grow a sustainable flipping business then you will need to start networking big time! you need to lenders, agents. wholesaler, contractors, other investors, and many more. At the same time, you will need to grow your knowledge of real estate: biggerpockets is a fantastic place to do that. Once you get a basic knowledge of the business and your local market pull the plug! A great way to do that is to partner up with an experienced investor but you can do it yourself. Just remember the most important part of real estate investing is "buying right", which actually requires a lot of knowledge, time, and guts to do specially for the first time. 

If you are starting out in - a great place is BP and going to real estate events. Houston area is blessed with several monthly & weekly events and one not-to-be-missed event is Harris County tax auction on June 5. You’ll see and can meet 100’s if investors - some novice and some experts.
DM me if you need more information.

Build your team. Finding reliable people to work with is the hardest part of this business. Everyone likes the idea of being a rich investor, most aren't willing to do the actual work.

I am a newbie in ATL GA I want to know about creating a LLC is it a good Idea to use a virtual Address to set up your LLC and good for building Business credit for Dun and Brad?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you