New member from San Antonio

12 Replies

Hello all!

I am a new member from the San Antonio looking at getting into real estate in and around the San Antonio, Austin, and Houston areas with everything in between! I am a 23yr old currently serving active duty in the Air Force at JBSA, however I am also from the San Antonio area so I have some knowledge about the area around there. A goal of mine is to be financially free by 30 and I know I can do this through investing if I'm willing to work hard enough at it! I have spent the majority of the first few months listening to every BP podcast and reading whatever real-estate and finance books I can get my hands on, as I am currently deployed its not the easiest thing in the world.

I would like to start investing in buy and hold real estate when I return from my deployment rather soon, and build as quickly and safely as I can, in order to get closer toward my goal of financial freedom. Currently while reading more than actually applying my knowledge toward investing, I plan to hit the ground running when I get back home.

I am very excited to meet everyone on here who also has the passion and motivation to turn investing into something great and I cant wait to get to meet you all in the near future!

That's all I've got for now, talk you yall soon!!

-Cammeron Williams

@Cammeron Williams nice to see a familiar story my man! I’m active Duty Navy stationed in Hawaii investing in Buy and holds!
Ironically I’m looking for multi families in the San Antonio area, so maybe we could exchange some good knowledge. Let me know man, I used my deployments to read real estate books while others played video games! Good luck bud!

@Cammeron Williams you are employing the exact strategy and potentially the exact same timing (I was on my first deployment when I started researching home investing) that set me up.  We were able to buy and hold at each duty station, and now I and my family are blessed with a healthy portfolio of cash flowing property.

I joined my wife as an agent when I retired this year from JBSA, and would love to share any knowledge, experiences, or to give you boots on the ground while you're deployed.

Thanks for doing what you do so that I can now do what I do!

Stay safe,

Chuck

Hello all!

@Michael Duncan certainly! I have been in learning some of the ins and outs of the San Antonio/ Austin area since 2005 when my fathers PCS moved us to Del Rio, and if you've ever been to Del Rio the first thing you learn is to get to San Antonio ASAP. I have lived in Cibolo since 2007 which is a suburb 10 minutes from San Antonio and have always loved traveling which is how I grew so familiar with an area as large as San Antonio / Austin. Let me know if you have any questions you think I could help in answering or if you need someone in the area to help you out, I still have a lot to learn so I'm sure I've got questions that need to be answered as well, Thanks!

@Chuck Gafford Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this was the route to take! Ill be home soon and I would love to learn anything I can about this type of business and techniques and tricks you may have learned! If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask I'm here to learn and help others in this journey, Talk to you soon, Thanks!

-Cammeron Williams

Welcome Cammeron and thank you for your service! I applaud your focus and determination at such a young age and only wish I had the same when I was 23. Keep moving forward and you will absolutely achieve your goals!

@Cammeron Williams ...super stoked for you! Your drive and excitement are fun. :) I’m right across the road in La Vernia, so if there’s anything I could do for your family while you’re gone, say the word. I’m an Air Force spouse and have a whoooole lot of experience helping to hold the fort down during deployments.
There are lots of us BPers here in the SA/Austin/surrounding areas who want to see you succeed and will do what we can to help, so reach out any time.
And thank you for your service.. we appreciate you. :)

@Cammeron Williams

It sounds like you have it figured out and will be accomplishing your current goals in the near future! I am a young Real Estate professional as well, focusing on the investment niche in San Antonio. Always looking to network, learn and help as much as I can. Stay safe on your deployment and I look forward to connecting!

@Michael Duncan

That's awesome you are taking care of business in more ways than one over there! It must be hard looking for good deals from so far away. Care to share how you go about it?

Thank you both for your service!

Welcome to BP! I am currently wholesaling my way to investor status until I try and network and connect as much as I can pretty new to the BP community myself. Let's connect, ALWAYS good to grow your network with likeminded individuals!

Thank you to all who commented on this post so far! it has been very exciting and motivating to see so many posts from like minded people, I hope to get the chance to either meet you in person or spark up a conversation with yall, if you have any qustions for me or just want to connect please to not hesitate to do so!

Thank you!

-Cammeron Williams

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you