Newbie from Pleasant Hill, CA

15 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I am new to real estate investing. I am would like to start investing in multi-family properties in the Sacramento area.  I live in the East Bay and would like to connect with like minded people.  I would like to grow a portfolio of properties over the next 5 years with cash on cash return as a focus, cash flow positive properties, and value add properties (fixer uppers). 

I am a friendly out going guy and like to make a human connection.  I also would like to give back to the communities I do business in.

Hope to meet you soon!

Jason Stofer

JGS Investments 

Hi Jason!

Excited to hear that your getting into multi family properties! I work with Platinum Partners Real Estate Team in Chico, CA. We have a great relationship with a team that’s a top producer in the Sacramento area. They are very knowledge of the whole Sacramento area. I would love to refer you to them if you would like! Let me know if I can help!

Cameron Dewell

@Jason S. Welcome to BP and congrats on deciding to invest in RE. I suggest you find local meetup groups via meetup site and look for some here on BP under Network/Events. The more you network, the more other investors you're going to meet. That's of course in addition to reading RE books and listening to BP podcasts.

Jason,

Good to see you here!  I'm a newbie as well with similar interests.  I live in the Central Valley (Merced) and am interested in investing in apartments in the Valley - in particular the area between Sacramento and Fresno.  I'd love to connect...maybe we can help one another down the road?

Originally posted by @Jason S. :

Hi Everyone,

I am new to real estate investing. I am would like to start investing in multi-family properties in the Sacramento area.  I live in the East Bay and would like to connect with like minded people.  I would like to grow a portfolio of properties over the next 5 years with cash on cash return as a focus, cash flow positive properties, and value add properties (fixer uppers). 

I am a friendly out going guy and like to make a human connection.  I also would like to give back to the communities I do business in.

Hope to meet you soon!

Jason Stofer

JGS Investments 

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

@Jason S.

Hey Jason! Welcome to BiggerPockets! You're in the right place!

I work a lot with Bay Area investors like yourself looking for more affordable markets in Sacramento, Stockton and the rest of the Central Valley.

How familiar are you with the Sacramento market? Have you ever visited the area? Do you know what specific neighborhood or part of town you're looking in? Are you looking for small multifamily (2-4 units) or something larger (5+ units)?

Here's an article I wrote here on the site that will help bring you up to speed on what's happening in the market. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/621/topics/396725-millennial-migration-to-sacramento-2017---here-comes-the-rush

Let us know if you have any specific questions and we'll try to get you pointed in the right direction!

Welcome @Jason S. !

Congrats on starting your journey to real estate investing! It sounds like you're in the right mindset by honing down what types of properties you're interested in and which markets you want to invest. I actually started out like you, by investing in multi-family in Sacramento. Getting that first multi-family deal under my belt has allowed me learn so much and gave me the confidence to expand to the San Joaquin Counties and looking to expand to Stanislaus and even Merced County.

I'm live the East Bay too and work in SF, so if you ever want to connect, let me know. I like sharing and exchanging experiences with fellow investors. There's a great meetup in SF that occurs the first Wednesday of every month. There's one next week Wednesday, July 11th (moved because of the holiday). PM me and I can send you details.

Good luck!

this will be difficult to do in most of CA or any other major metro outside of the Midwest. Not impossible, but difficult.. Sac has been hot market of people fleeing the bay area for a while now. Have you considered going out of state?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you