Second time Real estate investor

11 Replies

Hi my name is Stephen Benson I am new to BP I am loving it I am on here all the time reading and listening to podcasts. I am truly inspired. I am a firefighter paramedic in longview Tx a 100k population town 2 hours east of Dallas. I am married to my beautiful wife April and have 3 awesome kids. I have always loved real estate my dad has been an investor for quiet some time. I have tried and failed in real estate twice before but like I have heard on BPP I have figured out 2 ways not to invest in real estate. I am currently looking at and analyzing multiple deals, I will post one up later. I want to introduce myself and say thank you for all the help and for all the future help I will get.   

@Stephen Benson Congrats on deciding to come back to your real estate venture! Persistence does pay off at the end! I suggest you educate yourself by reading books, listening to podcasts and networking with other investors. Find local REI clubs via BP (under Network/Events) and meetup site. And spend some time with like minded individuals. Who knows may be you find a partner or your future team members (like contraction folks or wholesalers) at these meetups. It'll benefit you tremendously.

My best!

The first time at about 25 yo I bought 2 mobile homes well over paid didn't know anything about rental or mobile homes, tenants trashed the place and wouldn't pay luckily I got someone just to assume those. Second I moved cities and fell into it and didn't make any cash flow at all. At that times I didn't want to be a landlord. This time I have been reading like crazy and learning as much as I can.

Welcome Stephen! I'm also new to the site. Just moved to Kentucky from central Texas. I know the pain of a mobile home all too well. I bought one years ago (lived in it) when I was young and inexperienced. It's been a rental for years now but it's not cash flowing. One of my very short term goals is to explore every and any option to turn that around. I wish you success as you begin again with investing!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you