• Real Estate Broker
  • Naperville, IL
Votes |
Student Pursuing Real Estate Career

Sean Liszka
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naperville, IL
Posted Jul 14 2018, 20:36

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I currently am going into my senior year at the University of Iowa, where I am double majoring in Finance and Management. I have grown up working in a national contracting business, and am therefore familiar with how contractors work and communicate (I really enjoy this aspect of RE). Along with that, I have recently begun the course to obtain my realtor's license for the state of Illinois, and am a third of the way through. I have a strong desire to learn as much as possible about all aspects of RE, which is why I have taken the opportunity to work with my Uncle as a mentor, as he is an appraiser and RE investor. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning from him, as well as helping him out in all the ways I have been able to.

I have been listening to the podcast for about a year now, as well as reading books on real estate to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I am very eager to get started in RE as soon as possible. Upon graduation, I plan to live at home and save money until I can buy a 2-4 unit property. I would like to live in one unit, and rent out the others (house hack as I have learned it to be called)! 

As mentioned, I am from Illinois and would love to learn as much as I can from all of you. Any advice, education recommendations, or ideas you all have learned from your RE experiences are greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone is looking for a college student to help them out with anything or get a student's point of view on anything, feel free to let me know, and I would be more than willing to help. Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...