New investor in Cleveland Ohio area

14 Replies

I’m getting ready to make my first jump into real estate investing. I’m most interested in buy n hold properties in lake county just outside of Cleveland, and maybe the west side, single family, multi family properties. I’ve spent the last 10 years in the insurance industry so I ubderstand some aspects of that world. I can probably benifit from learning more about mortgages, laws and taxes. Very excited to starting having my money work for me with alittle bit of elbow grease maybe I can pay for the kids college eventually.

hey @Kyle Plants , welcome to the site! I am local, I have lived in Eastlake for 6 years and just recently moved into a duplex in Willoughby that I purchased. thank you @Herbert Reihner for mentioning this meetup, I had no clue! I wish I could make it tomorrow but I am currently cleaning out the house that I was renting in Willoughby off lost nation and need to be out by the end of the month which is tomorrow so I will be busy. I will definitely be there next month. 

I agree! I was looking to buy in DTW, but found a good buy on my duplex over near Lowes. It is close, not a quick walk to DTW but a 5 min drive. I did the house hack with an FHA loan, just moved in. I am originally from Oregon, OH, which is east of Toledo. Went to OSU for 4 years and I moved over here in 2011 for my job. I work up at the airport in Richmond Heights.

@Kyle Plants , Congratulations are in order by diving into the Real Estate investments dimension. Definitely Ohio is a great place, my investors and I have done these types of deals over the past several years in Ohio and had a lot of success. Also, you can achieve potentially higher returns by investing with others in multi-family residential projects. Let me know if you would like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a message. I am more than happy to help.

Welcome to the world of investing Kyle!

Members on B.P. are generous with their time and knowledge.  Perform due diligence, learn, do, and have fun!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you