New from New York City

10 Replies

Greetings,

My name is Grant—I'm a Software Engineer, Programming Director, and Startup Advisor based in NYC. I found BP through a thread on reddit about real estate investing. I've been listening to BP podcasts and reading real estate books every day since that day.

The genesis of my motivation to learn about real estate is to find a smarter way to utilize my excess capital to generate passive income. I'm interested in learning about deal analysis, creative financing and deal making, systems of replication and automation, remote investing, and the synthesis of technology and real estate. In the short-term I have a goal of closing a single good deal, whether that be a flip, in a partnership, on a single-family, or on a small multi-family. I have a long-term goal of generating 10k in passive income through multi-family buy-and-hold properties.

Lastly, thanks for having me!

Live long and prosper,

Grant

Good morning @Grant Schulte ,

I think BP had the same affect on all of us at first.. All this information and so little time haha!

The content here is amazing and the members are super helpful.

Always good to see someone from NYC getting active on the forums.

Hope to connect soon!

Abel

@Grant Schulte Welcome to BP! You found a great place to learn about RE investing! In terms of a strategy to implement, I suggest you start with determining for yourself how much time realistically can you devote to REI?! Based on the roles you mentioned above, it sounds like you may already have your hands full. So decide first whether you want to be active or passive investor and start researching niches within the selected category and going to local REI meetings. You can find local REI clubs through meetup site or PM me and I'll share a few with you in our area.

Best!

@Grant Schulte Thats awesome Grant. I discovered BP through the realtor that helped me buy my home. Content here is great. Im on the opposite end of the spectrum though. Need to get capital to try and get started. Practicing Pharmacy can be rewarding in its own way but i need more freedom and i see this avenue as the ticket. Wishing you the best on your real estate endeavors

Welcome @Grant Schulte !

Glad to have you on board! I'm in the same boat as you, as well as so many others. I'm an attorney and looking to create passive income. It didn't take me too long to realize that having only one stream of income was not gonna work living in New York. It's great to hear that you found something worth while. 

Welcome Grant.  I'm just getting into the investing game myself, looking to add income stream to supplement a law practice and real estate brokerage.  I'm still very much in the knowledge building phase, but always happy to chat to share information or ideas.

Dave

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you