Home inspector turned flipper (maybe)

4 Replies

Hey,

Shane Boyd here.

I just found biggerpockets while looking for information on house flipping.  Nice!

I've owned a home inspection company since 2004 in Myrtle Beach, SC and I'm

finally taking the plunge into REI. Truth is, I wanted to be a Realtor back in 2004,

but since I was in construction for years I thought it easier to start in the home

inspection field, THEN get my real estate license.  

However, after seeing what buyer's agents did, I thought real estate wasn't for

me.  So 14 years later, I've come full circle and I earnestly want to do my 1st 

flip before December 31st, 2018.

Looking forward to learning, connecting and applying what I learn here.

Cheers!

Shane

Congrats man!  Like I told you when you did the inspection on the quad I was looking at on 17th s, if I can help you out with anything, don’t hesitate to ask.   

As for anyone looking for a home inspector in Myrtle Beach, Shane Boyd does a great job.  Professional, detailed reports, at a good price.  

Hi Shane, welcome to BP! Yeah, being a realtor certainly isn't a glamorous as being a flipper. There are a lot more risks to being a flipper though, so make sure you do your due diligence on everything before getting tied up in a deal.

When I purchased my first house I chatted with the inspector about flipping... turns out he was knee deep in it. I ended up working with him and a group of people who were flipping in Western Washington. 

Now I’m in Hawaii (came for work from a lead in that group from Washington 18 years ago) and am considering a RE license or home inspection as a way to access the market here. 

Seems like you have a great idea here! Good luck and welcome to BP!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you