@Christian Carle , welcome. I was an ME major in college as well. As you get going in real estate use your skills with numbers to your advantage but work hard not to over analyze everything or you will never get anywhere.
Welcome! Pensacola is a great place for RE investing. Are you interested in buy and hold, flipping, wholesaling or something else?
Welcome to BP. Seems we have some decent traffic from Pensacola and surrounding area people on here. Matt has already helped me. Glad to connect as well as we moved to the area about 2 months ago. I suggest listening to the BP podcasts. They have massive amounts of info.
Welcome to BP @Christian Carle ! Congrats on your recent marriage. What kind of real estate investing is most interesting to you? Have you decided what strategies you want to pursue?
Welcome to Bigger Pockets.
Originally posted by @Christian Carle :
Hello everyone. I am a recently married student (Mech Engineering) and interested in learning (a lot) about the real estate game. I have no experience but have begun listening to some good audiobooks that pointed me to BiggerPockets. I would be very interested to begin networking and communicating to people around the Pensacola and surrounding areas to see how I can get my foot in the door. I definitely want to see what I should be doing early on before I make any first steps. Thank you for your time! -Christian
Welcome! If you haven't checked out the podcasts yet, they are all excellent and a wealth of knowledge!
Welcome @Christian Carle - first steps when traveling down the path of REI:
- Discover Your Why - what's your purpose? Why do you want to invest in real estate?
- Establish Your Goals - once you know your Why, you can establish your goals to help reach that Why.
- Set Your Investing Criteria - and once you know your Goals, you can set your investing criteria to efficiently and effectively analyze deals and serve as bumpers on acquisitions.
I go into a bit more detail with this 10 Step Guide to Buying and Holding A Small Multi Family Rental Property:
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you