New from Pensacola FL

15 Replies

Hello everyone. I am a recently married student (Mech Engineering) and interested in learning (a lot) about the real estate game. I have no experience but have begun listening to some good audiobooks that pointed me to BiggerPockets. I would be very interested to begin networking and communicating to people around the Pensacola and surrounding areas to see how I can get my foot in the door. I definitely want to see what I should be doing early on before I make any first steps. Thank you for your time! -Christian
@Christian Carle Welcome Christian! I am close to you, 40 minutes drive west but I love Pensacola. My fiancé and child and I go over there once or twice a month to hangout in Navarre, Gulf Breeze, or Pensacola . Great place to live, nice communities and a hot tourist destination. Great place to start! I’ve sent you a connection request, I’m new to this as well. Good luck!

@Christian Carle , welcome. I was an ME major in college as well. As you get going in real estate use your skills with numbers to your advantage but work hard not to over analyze everything or you will never get anywhere. 

Hey,

Welcome to BP.  Seems we have some decent traffic from Pensacola and surrounding area people on here.  Matt has already helped me.  Glad to connect as well as we moved to the area about 2 months ago.  I suggest listening to the BP podcasts.  They have massive amounts of info.  

@Matt J. Flipping and rentals is what I would like to do. Although depending if the juice is worth the squeeze. It seems like Pensacola has a good rental market? I definitely want in on that. I certainly want to have properties that can start to pay for themselves after some time ideally.
@Christian Carle Pensacola is definitely a good place for rentals, I’m a brrrr rental investor and real estate agent here and i love it. There are still good deals for flips occasionally too but you’ll have to work to find them. I’d recommend joining some of the local real estate meet ups, getting on wholesaler lists and making sure you are ready to pull the trigger when you find a good deal. The really good deals, when they come up, don’t last long.
Originally posted by @Christian Carle :
Hello everyone. I am a recently married student (Mech Engineering) and interested in learning (a lot) about the real estate game. I have no experience but have begun listening to some good audiobooks that pointed me to BiggerPockets. I would be very interested to begin networking and communicating to people around the Pensacola and surrounding areas to see how I can get my foot in the door. I definitely want to see what I should be doing early on before I make any first steps. Thank you for your time! -Christian

Welcome! If you haven't checked out the podcasts yet, they are all excellent and a wealth of knowledge!

Welcome @Christian Carle - first steps when traveling down the path of REI:

1. Discover Your Why - what's your purpose? Why do you want to invest in real estate?
  2. Establish Your Goals - once you know your Why, you can establish your goals to help reach that Why. 
  3. Set Your Investing Criteria - and once you know your Goals, you can set your investing criteria to efficiently and effectively analyze deals and serve as bumpers on acquisitions. 

I go into a bit more detail with this 10 Step Guide to Buying and Holding A Small Multi Family Rental Property: 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/jayhelms/...

WELCOME!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you