New to REI - Bakersfield, CA

3 Replies

Hello BP,

First post here, so bare with me. I'm in my late 20's and looking for groups to join near me so I can meet people who are into REI.

I am interested in house flipping and/or rentals. But definitely open to hearing about other investing strategies. 

I've read some articles and listened to some podcasts and have really wanted to just dive into something for years now but not sure how/where to get started. 

I have lots of questions and really looking for individuals who can help me grow. In return I could provide whatever service I could to help them, as well. Whether it be labor services or Technology installations (that is my current profession), or simply just asking questions to get you thinking about things from different angles.

I have some understanding of real estate deals but very little to none experience. I am a quick learner and have exceptional soft skills that include, but not limited to, communication, time management, and critical thinking. 

If there's any questions for me, then great! I'd love to answer them. 

Thanks and hope to get some positive feedback!

Hi @Justin Flournoy

This is definitely the place to get started!  Great community!  You should come check out our Bakersfield meetup which happens once a month.  @Gene Hacker can give you more information on that.  

If you have basic questions I would be happy to chat with you about those, and feel free to PM me if you would like to go more in depth as well.  If you are based in Bakersfield, we can also grab a coffee. 

Let me know how I can best help.

Best of luck

Sunny

@Justin Flournoy ,  I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday, as our monthly networking meeting was last night.  We meet every month at Rusty's Pizza on the corner of Ming and Ashe.  We don't have speakers or sales pitches but we do introductions then basically mingle and network for a couple hours.  Lately we have had 25 to 40 people at each networking event.  There is no cost or fee, but I ask that everyone buys food and drinks from Rusty's pizza because they generously let us use their private meeting room. 

I try to post the events here on the events page but there is also a meetup group.  Send me an email and I can send you the direct link to that.

Cheers

Gene

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you