Little Rock Investing

18 Replies

I am new to potentially investing in Little Rock.  What are the best neighborhoods to invest in?  What are the ones to avoid?  I am looking around the Wakefield/Windemere/American manor regions.  Thanks

Welcome @Ariel K. , I have answered this questions many time before and can Sher this link with you. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/12/topics/616...

There are other areas which are good and i didn't mention, like around the Outlets of LR, and more affordable neighborhoods around the university. 

These are south of the i630 but still can offer good returns and reasonable tenants. 

I hope that helps.

Out of interest, what type of properties are you seeking?

If you haven't already done so, play around with the Trulia crime map to get a feel for the different areas.  Everyone has different ideas about what constitutes a B- area, but in my opinion it would be difficult to find a B- or above area in the regions that you mentioned.

Welcome, @Ariel K. ! So glad you found Bigger Pockets early in your journey!

A few things that may be helpful to you here on the Bigger Pockets website as you search for a team to support your first buy:

You can set up keyword alerts so anytime someone posts about Little Rock (or the specific neighborhoods you're exploring), you'll be notified. That could be a great way to find and stay engaged with local investors, realtors and opportunities. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

You can also search for other investors or brokers in Huntsville and follow their journey on Bigger Pockets here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Best of luck to you and look forward to following your journey!

@Ariel K.

I am from LR and recently bought a SFH there. Do your research around:

-  UAMS Med Center

-  Children's Hospital

-  Baptist Hospital

-  St. Vincent Hospital 

-  Univ. of Arkansas at Little Rock

-  Midtown area

You should also visit the city for a few days to wrap your head around the market. 

-Aaron 

So I basically found a turnkey property and my estimated CoC is about 10%. So I am trying to figure out if it's worth it. It's on the Norada site listed as a B+ area

I am wanting to keep up with this thread. I went to college in Little Rock at UALR and now I am living in Jonesboro AR. So just looking to learn more about that market. Also just in case anyone is looking to purchase in this market let me know. I'd love to help.

@Ariel K. Re the Turn Key is it or isn't providing you 10% COC return?

Most TK don't if your LVR is at 80%. 

Feel free to use the BP calculator and post it here so we can review, or PM me. 

i can also put you on to a wholesaler that often have some deals, i know of Two 4plexes he is working on that should be close to the 2% rule.

This is a great thread. Thanks everyone. Can someone familiar with LR give me any input on the Cloverdale Watson area? I am just starting to get familiar with the city and so any input is more than welcome.

Many thanks 

So I'm invested Commercial multifamily in Jonesboro and decided to visit here for the weekend looking at some apartment buildings, 

Anyone want to grab a beer tonight, lunch tomorrow? would love to meet some local investors/commercial brokers

I'm going to La Terraza for dinner then going to Flyway brewing, hit me up 4077444174

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you