Aspiring Investor in Dallas, Texas

6 Replies

Hellooo!!!

I'm Gerax from Dallas, TX. I'm a newbie trying to get into real estate investing. I don't have any prior experience. I currently work full-time as a technician. So far, my goals in the next decade are to have a few rental properties, and maybe flip some houses along the way. I have been teaching myself whatever I can online and through books. I just recently started and I know it will take a long time. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm also really excited about this journey. I first heard about BiggerPockets through one of Graham Stephan's YouTube videos. He recommended the book "The book on Rental Property Investing" so I bought it and now I'm here! I hope to get to meet many of you and to learn as much as I can from this awesome website.

See you around!

@Gerax Sotelo Welcome to BP!

Definitely dive into as many podcasts & books as you can - as there is nothing better than free education. I know that's how I started - and make sure that when you're ready to get more involved and hands on, that you start to build a strong team around yourself - especially for flips. I know a handful of people that rushed into flipping homes and it's been a disaster. 

REI is great though and has provided me with a life I never thought I could have. If you stick to it and hustle - you're bound to do great things.

100% agree with @Kenneth McKeown on this one. Just outwork everyone else and good things are bound to happen eventually. The Rich Dad books are good to read about general entrepreneurship with some real estate specific advice too. 

@Kenneth McKeown , @Dylan Barnard  

Thanks for the response guys. I agree. I'm definitely diving into as much information as I can. I'm going through all of the BP podcasts and reading the books I just bought, including the Rich Dad book that you mentioned, Dylan. YouTube has also been a great help. I would love to be part of a good team in the near future. Financial freedom is my ultimate goal, and I want to learn as much as I possibly can from those who have already gone through it so I don't have to reinvent the wheel or make unnecessary mistakes.

And thanks @Andrew Syrios !!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you