Eager to Start My Journey

4 Replies

I am not sure how relevant Biggerpockets advice works on a canadian level, although i love every webinar i have ever watched, every podcast i have listened to, and every book i have read, i realize laws and strategies dont necessarily apply accross the boarder.

That being said, i am trying my best to read between the lines and apply what i can here.....apply might be a strong word at the moment for all i have done is really educate myself as much as i can daily, no real actionable steps have been taken on my part to be a more confident real estate investor.

I currently have next to no money saved, but saving as much as i can 15% of my small wage at work, and it slowly builds, i have rocked at bringing my credit score up from a hurting 595 to a 742 within 6 months and now working on getting credit available to me.  i am trying to network but as an introvert everytime i do this i step out of my confort zone and just that feels like a win.

My goal is to much talked about house hacking it works weel in some areas of winnipeg, manitoba, canada i just have to sacrifice and live in an area of the city that is to say the least........not so good lol, the wife is on board and excited for new beginnings, now to make smaller goals to get me to my first goal and one step at a time, i will become a real estate investor.

Justin Pilotte

Congrats! It's wise, I think, to take your time and educate yourself because there is a lot of different areas of RE and a lot to sort through. I don't think you will ever regret learning and starting to trying to grow your money! Good luck!

Originally posted by @Justin Pilotte :

I am not sure how relevant Biggerpockets advice works on a canadian level, although i love every webinar i have ever watched, every podcast i have listened to, and every book i have read, i realize laws and strategies dont necessarily apply accross the boarder.

That being said, i am trying my best to read between the lines and apply what i can here.....apply might be a strong word at the moment for all i have done is really educate myself as much as i can daily, no real actionable steps have been taken on my part to be a more confident real estate investor.

I currently have next to no money saved, but saving as much as i can 15% of my small wage at work, and it slowly builds, i have rocked at bringing my credit score up from a hurting 595 to a 742 within 6 months and now working on getting credit available to me.  i am trying to network but as an introvert everytime i do this i step out of my confort zone and just that feels like a win.

My goal is to much talked about house hacking it works weel in some areas of winnipeg, manitoba, canada i just have to sacrifice and live in an area of the city that is to say the least........not so good lol, the wife is on board and excited for new beginnings, now to make smaller goals to get me to my first goal and one step at a time, i will become a real estate investor.

Justin Pilotte

Welcome to the site Justin. Good luck on your investing.

@Justin Pilotte

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

Hi Justin, I'm in Winnipeg as well and also kind of starting out.  There is a Facebook group if you haven't already joined called "Winnipeg Real Estate Investors".  I've just joined but reading the posts people seem really helpful and there is a lot of information.  Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you