Taylor Gaspard
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Newbie from Houston, TX

Taylor Gaspard
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jun 25 2019, 20:03

Hey guys and gals,

I recently read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and it really inspired me to start building up my assets and work towards achieving financial freedom. I turn 30 this year too, so I have been feeling some (self-imposed) pressure to be more proactive about my future. I have always thought of rental property investing as something I want to do someday, and now I am ready to start taking action! My goal is to buy my first rental property in 2019.

I started watching a lot of youtube videos on the subject and stumbled upon a couple of @Brandon Turner's. I liked the videos, but didn't give much thought to what BiggerPockets was. I ended up buying The Book on Rental Property Investing, found out Brandon also hosted a podcast (I commute 3 hours a day, so tear through podcasts), one thing led to another, and now I'm here. I hope to meet some like-minded people, learn as much as I can, and hopefully give something back.

My personal investing experience is limited to the stock market, but I do have a real estate background. I have worked for a large multifamily brokerage in Houston since 2013, first as an analyst and now as a transaction manager. In that time, I have worked on hundreds of deals in Houston and surrounding secondary/tertiary markets: valuations, proposals for listings, market research, offering memorandums, property tours, etc. I am a licensed salesperson in Texas and am about to take my exam in Louisiana.

Nice to meet you all – I'm excited to get started! 

Loading replies...