newbie from Dallas Tx

9 Replies

I live in the Dallas Texas market I am interested in multifamily and single-family properties for cash flow. I am still looking for my first deal and would appreciate any help to make that happen.

@Brad Battle

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

Promotion
BAM Capital
Multifamily Syndicator
Targeted 10% Monthly Returns | Passive Income
Backed by institutional-grade apartments, strong sponsor track record, $700M AUM, over 5,000 units
Learn More

Hey @Brad Battle. Welcome to BP! Between the podcasts, blogs and forums, there is a lot of information at your fingertips. We currently have three units (two SFR's & one four-plex) in Lubbock and know the area well. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the area. @Jordan Sutherland is also a local realtor in Lubbock and specializes in working with out of town investors. 

Good luck out there!

Originally posted by @Brad Battle:

I live in the Dallas Texas market I am interested in multifamily and single-family properties for cash flow. I am still looking for my first deal and would appreciate any help to make that happen.

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

@Brad Battle. Welcome Brad. Do you have a focus ? Out of all the areas in Texas what is the driving force in these two cities? I am not familiar with Lubbock but I do know that Dallas and Fort Worth has lots of different neighborhoods and pricing.

My suggestion is pick one and focus. And partner with people that know the local areas.

You got this !!

Welcome to BP @Brad Battle! I used to live in Dallas and still go back every year to visit family - it's a great place. There are so many different areas, I'd recommend focusing in on one like @Lucia Rushton recommended. Good luck, there is a wealth of information in these forums. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you