New to BP. Greater Binghamton, NY

4 Replies

Hello everyone! I am originally from Queens, NY. I am also an up incoming Pharmacy student at Binghamton University's new pharmacy school. I recently bought my first house in Johnson City and I was able to pay it off completely. I am doing some rehab on it and looking to house hack. I tried to get info on a HELOC so I can possibly start a BRRR but I was quickly shut down due to not having a full-time job and it's because I had to relocate to Johnson City for graduate school. Does anyone have info on other types of lending where income verification is not a big deal? There is a ton of opportunity in Binghamton and Johnson City. My goal is to buy another property and apply the BRRR method so I can help students like myself have good housing in an area they're not familiar with.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you