Escape from China - Within a year

5 Replies

I have been living in China for over a decade. It's finally time to move back to the states and I want to BRRR a small multi-family property. Currently I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible. I'm from the Atlanta area, but I'm open to moving. I plan to house hack my first dozen or so properties and do as much of the renovation myself as possible. I'm looking at heavily distressed multi-family properties that I can put sweat equity in.

Hey @Dwight Jackson II , it sounds like the Atlanta market would be a good fit for you. I would advise looking into the south Atlanta area for distressed multi-family properties. Specifically in the College Park, Riverdale, Jonesboro, Conyers, East Point, Lithonia, Union City, and Conley. Many parts of these areas are turning quickly and a great market to get into at the moment. Hope this helps!

People are paying top $$ for even distressed multifamily nowadays. Maybe we can syndicate in the future. Let's connect. 

Hey @Dwight Jackson II I've been in China for over 15 years..also planning the exit strategy. If you are looking for low costs but decent returns (10%+ CoC) then I would suggest staying iwth the sun belt states. LA, FL, GA, TX all have deals with purchase prices of 200k or less and giving the performance. The nice thing about moving back to the states after so long is you can kind of look at the country with a clean slate...dont have to make decisions based on what's in your backyard as you could actually choose where the best backyard IS and move there!

BTW, I actually started buying US properties from here ( i live in Shanghai) about 15 months...about to close a deal on #9 this month.    Where are you based in China?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you