Newbie From East Tennessee

15 Replies

Hello everyone glad to be part of Bigger Pockets and hopefully one day will too have a bigger pocket.....LOL

I lived 38 years of my life in the Windy City of Chicago and finally built up the courage to pack it all up and move to East Tennessee Knoxville area , actually a small town called Newport but no ones really heard of Newport so I always just say East Tennessee.

Anyways , with the move to Tennessee I figured it was also time to find a new career and make use of the many years of experience in the customer service industry and since I am a huge people person I opted to get into real estate , right now wholesale real estate and then transition into flipping homes.

Hoping to learn more from everyone here , would like to make connections with locals and other abroad.  Thank you all for welcoming me and God Bless

How do you like newport? I bought some land out in Del rio. The locals ran me off my own land, it can be quite "lawless" in some of those parts up there. 

@Jay Turingan

Hey Jay im new to big pockets as well and we are neighbors...lol i live in Jefferson county right next to Cocke county. I hope you are enjoying it down here in east Tennessee. We don't have the windy city but down here if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes it will change...lol.

Im trying to learn my way around the real estate investment game as well . I have been listening to podcast and reading on here as much as i can to learn as much as I can and find out what all these abbreviations mean ...lol

@Jay Turingan

Howdy Jay

We have been in Loudon/Lenoir City about a year now and my Daughter is in S Knoxville. We are planning a few flips this coming year also. Would love a round table group to bounce ideas and contacts with.

@Rhonda Blue

That’s sounds great..........would love to get a group of us together from our area and meet up one evening to share some ideas. I’m not as experienced as you are , but , one day will get there. I will message you my info and lets plan with others in our area. Will be fun

Hi Guys, I moved from Philadelphia few years back.  Recently came across Bigger Pockets Podcast and found this whole movement about real estate investing forum.  Right now I am hooked on to the Podcast and have signed up for Webinars.  Feel like I am late for the party and limo has left :( with the current market conditions. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you