New to BP from Manchester NH

7 Replies

I’m new to BP but enjoy sharing where I am in the process and hoping to continue growing over time. I apparently have a habit of buying at the height of markets and paying to in some people eyes so maybe a few can learn from my mistakes and save as you go. 

I currently own one single family and one 4 unit property. My goal is to have the 4 unit renovated in approximately 6 months and then be onto something else with a HELCO loan. I wouldn’t mind  chronicling the renovations as I work through the 4 unit and showing progress if interested. My plumbing and heating guys are starting next week and I’m +90 yards of dumpsters into the renovation, so should be a good time.  

@J Tessier And you ride a KTM! Are you in NETRA?

Welcome to BiggerPockets and congratulations on your success in getting a couple investment properties!

Is there anything you're looking to learn or anyone you're looking to meet around here?

-Joe

At this point I am pretty good I have 4 new heating systems and hot water heaters lined up to be installed this month as well as 4 new bathrooms. I am in the middle of two evictions. It was three but one left peacefully on her own. One has agreed to pay and promised I’d have a check to me today. The last one is putting up a fight but is supposed to be out this weekend. My goal is to have the renovations on all 4 units completed this spring. The first two will be done by November 1st and the remaining two will follow on as cash becomes available. After that I’ll do a HELCO and start looking for another. I’ll  snowball the profits from the rents of these two into paying down debt and saving for deposits on another place. 

Oh and yes I rode a 2018 KTM 300 XC-W and a KTM 690 Enduro R and a Yamaha WR450F. I am a NETRA and MVTR member so if your out on the trails look me up!

@J Tessier

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

@J Tessier

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Things are moving forward for me first round of permits have been granted so demo has started. 

Chimneys out! Floor plans are opening up and I’m 90 yards into dumpsters at this point. 

The garage has been emptied of everything except the wall to wall carpet. That’s next up, ran out of space in the last dumpster. 

The old none functioning doors are out and the new ones are in.  You might be able to star gaze from inside still but at least now we can secure materials ever if they aren’t weather right yet.  The permit arrived for the roof today so that’s moving up on the to do list.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you