• Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
New investor from Arlington, Virginia.

Shamit S.
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Posted Oct 6 2019, 17:13

My name is Shamit, live in Arlington, Virginia, and I've been lurking around the forums for past couple of years, listening to podcasts, reading books, attending local REIA meeting, and now finally getting my stars aligned to take my first plunge into real estate investing.

First of all, a great thank you to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner for creating this great site and to all BP contributors for sharing your thoughts and opinions. A shout out to @David Greene and @J Scott whose books 'Long-Distance Real Estate Investing', 'Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat' and 'The Book on Estimating Rehab Cost' are the best real estate books I've read thus far.

My goal is to acquire enough properties to generate a stable income, sufficient to support myself and my family in about 10 years or so. For now, I have a stable job in the IT industry outside DC which I enjoy and is keeping me busy, so I'm not in need of immediate supplementary income. Primary focus is single family or small multifamily units for long term buy/hold and wealth accumulation.

I studied business and economics in college, so I have love for numbers, but can sometimes lead to over-analysis, indecision and analysis-paralysis. I'm trying to break free from the latter and got a good boost in motivation by attending Rod Khleif's boot-camp in Baltimore last weekend. Although large multifamily is out of my scope, as the boot-camp was held only an hour away from my place, I just could not pass on the opportunity to attend.

I'll likely be looking out of state for investment opportunities, at this preliminary stage I'm looking into North Carolina (Greensboro, Durham), South Carolina (Greenville, Spartanburg) and Alabama (Huntsville, Birmingham).

Hope to connect with fellow investors, both nearby where I live and in the areas where decide to invest.

Cheers!

Loading replies...