Anyone from Montclair NJ?

14 Replies

Hello There,

I am a new member and currently have a multi-family rental in Montclair, NJ. It has been a good 5 years run and currently relearning to hopefully buy my next one. Hoping to connect with someone local and join a local group to meet like minded folks.  Is there such group that exist in Montclair?

Thanks

Hello, there are a few meetups a week all over NJ! I suggest you guys check out your local area on meetup.com or eventbrite.com and type in Real Estate Investing in the search bar.

This is how I connected with many people around the northern and central jersey area.

I am working on a meetup nearby soon. I am renovating my old house in Upper Montclair now and know the area well. Anyone in that area who is interested in connecting, I'd love to. I will be posting on BP with local details for our next meetup.

I have a two family house in Montclair. House hacking. Interested in seeing how others make investment in this town. It's so hard to cash flow due to high tax and overbidding especially when it come to multi-family houses. It might work if you are looking for appreciation. I'd love to connect. 

Hello, I will soon be an owner in Montclair. Closing on a sfh property on New St. Had such difficulty finding a mfh with good cash flow. So I decided to purchase a sfh. Thoughts on the redevelopment? I know new st and mission st are a bit rough. I believe over the next 5 years those properties are going to be rehabbed and the value will go up tremendously. I’d love to hear people’s thoughts. Especially since it’s so close to the Bay St train station.

@Crislie P.

I host REI meetup in Northern NJ. For instance we are having a commercial lender come by to present at our next one on 12/4. You and others here are welcome to join us. More details under my profile. I post the events on both: meetup and BP.

Very much interested in a meet up in Montclair. We are under contract on our new construction single family development we just completed. Actively look for some more development projects or buy and hold opportunities.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you