Newbie from Italy presentation ๐Ÿ˜…

5 Replies

Hi to all the members of this big community! My name is Rodolfo I'm 32 years old and I'm from guess where... Italy. I'm looking forward to invest in Real Estate market focusing on rental property because after trying to do it in Italy I'm having such a bad experince with tenants and law way too much in their favor, and so I started searching for a solution and discovered that in some states such as Florida , Texas I can realy consider my self as the real owner of the house. Not to mention that the ROI in Italy are terrible compared to the Americans one. Right now I'm half way through the book Rental property investing by @Brandon Turner and so Iโ€™m here to learn as much as I can and to accept all the advice.

@Rodolfo Mattessich Welcome! I am a Realtor and rental property investor here in Orlando. If you ever have any questions about investing in central Florida or need any help locating a property shoot me a message. 

Welcome to BP!  You will learn a lot from being on here.  I am a Realtor, Property Manager, AirBNB owner and Investor here in Tampa.  We have great opportunities for buy and holds.  Salute!  

@Tyler Gibson Thank you Tyler ! Iโ€™ve been in Orlando one month ago to visit Disney World and even if I were a little reluctant to the idea ( my future spouse inisist ) I enjoyed the experience. Although I didnโ€™t went to Orlando downtown, the thing that surprised me the most was that I thought to see many tourists from all over the world but had the feeling that mainly the people around us inside of the parks where Americans tourists and also how big those parks and the number of employers they need, so I see the potential of owning real estate in Orlando.

@Mya Toohey Hi Mya thank you ! I hope to find some answers here for all my concerns. Because even by asking around when I was one month ago in Miami FL I had the impression no body was taking seriously my intentions. And I can understand that living so far from the USA people tend to be more in a hurry to give quick answer. For example I found a video that for my point of view is interesting I don't know if I can post the link to it on the forum. In short the man I think he is a lawyer suggest to open the first LLC in Wyoming in order to have anonymity and hate that LLC as a manager member and then open the LLC member in the state where you're willing to invest. All this to prevent tenants to be able to search for the owner and possibly sue them in case.

Well, here is a way to have even more protection. You can purchase home in whats called "a land trust" the entity is created with the purchase of the home and would dissolve with the sale of the home, when that happens. Your land trust has a Trustee. That trustee would be your LLC. I am not a lawyer nor a title company. I am a Realtor, Property Manager, AirBNB owner and Investor here in the Tampa Bay Area. This is the way we would take ownership of our properties. So, you are way more protected then with the standard LLC. Again, seek advice from a RE lawyer, usually a title company will gladly advise on this for you, since, they want you to bring them your business when you do decide to buy or sell. Hope that helps!

Best of Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you