New post from Baltimore to York

11 Replies

To all of the awesome people here on this site I want to introduce myself. I'm Livingston Lee and I am new to real estate. I am here to learn and meet new people that can help me jump right in to the business.

I live in York, PA but I will be doing most of my buying in my home town of Baltimore, MD unless I find better opportunities elsewhere. My wife and our 2 kids have been here in York for 14 years and we love it. However, I am in Baltimore often visiting family and attending Church.

In my professional career I am the leader/supervisor of a Fortune 500 energy company here in York. In my own business I am a professional wedding photographer photographing weddings all over the East Coast and where ever else my clients need me.

But that’s enough about me. I want to meet some people in the area and attend some networking events. If you know of any coming up please post them so I can attend.

@Livingston Lee Hey, I am also new as well and I am planning to invest in Baltimore check out meetup.com for local meet ups or browse Bigger Pockets Events and Happenings here https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

Hello!  Welcome to BP.  Great to hear from other local real estate investors.  There is a great local real estate meetup at the Four Points Sheraton on Rt. 30 in York the last Tuesday of the month.  You can find more info on www.meetup.com

Also, I'm curious why you would want to invest in Baltimore instead of your own backyard, which happens to be a a solid area for real estate (Central PA in general).  I'm not saying Baltimore can't work, but curious why you're passing up your own backyard when it's a viable market with less regulation.

Hi @Travis Wylie you make a good point. I will be investing in my own back yard, Central PA. I am closing on my first deal in about 30 days as long as the appraisal and home inspection is good. The seller has already accepted my offer on a semi-detached 2 unit apartment house already occupied.

I'm really excited. My cap was about 8% and my ROI was 10%.

As far as Baltimore, I just want to leave my options open that's why it was mentioned. It's my hometown and I know the area. I will definitely be investing in both places starting right here at home.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you