Newbie introduction and virtual networking

11 Replies

Hello investors!

My name is Sophie and I'm a complete newbie but someone who has been really interested in real estate for many years now. I've been a stay-at-home mom for many years but before that was in corporate marketing for medical devices. 
While learning to analyze properties is the main task I'm also looking to build relationships with local real estate investors, mortgage lenders and anyone else locally who is involved in this business. (we can do virtual coffee anytime) 

Thank you for reading this post and please reach out to connect. 

Welcome to BiggerPockets! I hope the best for you in 2020 in your investments. Having marketing skills can be a huge plus in real estate investment. When you are networking, see how you can leverage that to get you going. Best of luck going forward.

Also, it is admirable that you chose to be a stay at home mom. My wife and I made the decision when our kids where young that she would stay with them until they went to school. I was fortunate to have a good paying job to support us. Best decision we ever made. 

@Sophie Dolezel Welcome to BP. Good luck on your new journey. Now is the perfect time to start making connections online with social distancing in place. Once this is all over, put them to good use and you will be ahead of curve. 

@Anthoney Hanks , thank you. My goal is exactly that - put my marketing and relationship building skills to work to help a local investor(s) and hopefully learn from them as much as possible. I'm a quick study when I'm immersed in the thick and thin of things. 

I loved staying home with kids and believe this was a really good decision. I admire parents who work and raise kids, so challenging. 

Thank you. I think where you can leverage is helping investors market for leads. If you have done websites, help create lead landing pages. Maybe look into the investors needs. To get started, find a deal that you can present to investors. The approach is not to ask the investor what they need, but more what value you can bring to them.

Hi Sofie. Welcome to our BiggerPockets community!

I also started with interest until I learn and take steps.  You can use this social distancing time to learn more insights from BP members.  As part of introduction, I would recommend you of the following tips for your study:

1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3. Attend a Meetup in Your Area

4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions!

Cheers to our first virtual coffee! Good luck and see you around the site.

Best regards,

Craig Curelop

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you