New Investor from Albuquerque, NM

New Investor from Albuquerque, NM

Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes

HI I am making myself more today's technology friendly and bumped into this site. It appears, this site has lots of value to offer. I am eagar to give and take the knowledge. I invest for myself and for my client, anything which is below market value, where some good return is possble. I have done several buy and sell of land, residential, commercial. However, these days I am focusing on single family residential home, where I buy below market and sell on owner finance! Seems to be working well. I am hoping to learn from you all and as needed share my experiences too. This is the 1st time ever I am writing on any such forum! - Krishna

0Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
13y

Hello Krishn JAISWAL great to have you here! Thanks for jumping into the forums and introducing yourself. These forums are a great way to have real-life conversations with other investors all across the world. Be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts with keywords that you want to be kept in the loop about - such as Albuquerque, New Mexico, or "Single Family" - so you'll be emailed when those terms are discussed on the forums!

Thanks again for joining BP!

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hello Krishn JAISWAL great to have you here! Thanks for jumping into the forums and introducing yourself. These forums are a great way to have real-life conversations with other investors all across the world. Be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts with keywords that you want to be kept in the loop about - such as Albuquerque, New Mexico, or "Single Family" - so you'll be emailed when those terms are discussed on the forums!

    Thanks again for joining BP!

  • Rehabber · Albuquerque, NM - New Mexico · Member since 2011 · 283 posts · 38 votes
    13y

    Hey there Krishn JAISWAL, I'm from Albuquerque as well. I hope you stay active on this forum as no one else from Albuquerque, besides myself, is really active here. Perhaps we can meet up some day.

    Glad you joined,

    Manuel

  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2012 · 50 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Krishn JAISWAL welcome to BP! It's good to see some New Mexican's sharing on BP. I grew up in New Mexico and went to UNM in Albuquerque but have lived in Austin Texas for the past 19 years. I have considered investing in Albuquerque but am stilll on the fence mostly because of the distance. Would love to hear more about how you got into owner financing and some pros/cons about it.

    Manuel Acuna I have keyword alerts set for Albuquerque and this is the first group of New Mexican's that I've seen post about Albuquerque. Looking forward to more!

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Krishna. How are you handling HUD SAFE Act compliance in offering seller financing? Or other regulatory requirements? Seller financing seems like a great strategy if you can keep the bureaucrats happy.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lafayette, CA · Member since 2010 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    13y

    Welcome Krishna!

  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thank you everyone!! Manuel Acuna and Raquel Barela hopefully we will have something in common in Albuquerque from investment point of view.
    Jon Klaus what is your position on HUD Safe act? As far as In know, it is not implemented in New Mexico yet.

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Hi Krishn and everyone else from the Albuquerque area! I'm also in Albuquerque, and I just started. Congratulations on joining a forum, Krishn JAISWAL! If you have already coordinated a meeting and are planning to have some more I'd love to attend a session and learn a little from the professionals in the area! I look forward to speaking to other New Mexicans as time goes by!

  • Homeowner · Rio Rancho, NM · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Mason Crane- How is it working out for you so far? I'm in Rio Rancho myself. I haven't "started" anything yet other than trying to organize my thoughts and learn where to start. Have you explored the local market? What is your strategy?

  • Rental Property Investor · Aurora, CO · Member since 2018 · 288 posts · 117 votes
    8y
    Welcome! Good to network
  • Tim MarrPro Member
    Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    @Krishn JAISWAL Welcome to BP. I’m stIll a bIt If a newb myself. I have actually been looking at Albuquerque recently as an out-of-stater (Oregon). PM me if you ever want to talk ABQ. Enjoy all this crazy awesome content.
  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    7y

    @Krishn JAISWAL welcome to the wonderful world of BP.  Introducing yourself can be a little intimidating so congrats on taking that first step.  I'm also investing in ABQ and looking to expand my efforts there.  If you'd ever like to chat, I'd be more than happy to.  There are some pretty great REAIAs here as well if you aren't already attending.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    @Frankie Woods have you found success in real estate out here in Albuquerque? I’ve been looking for possible flips but have come up empty so far. I’m thinking about switching my strategy to buy foreclosures fix and rent them instead. Let me know if you’re interested in connecting.
  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    @Frankie Woods hi Frankie! I too am investing in Albuquerque and a current resident. Which associations do you speak of ? I would love to get involved. Thanks !
  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    7y

    I’ve been doing strictly buy and holds.  The market is tough unless you have some serious systems.  The REIAs I’ve been going to are ABQREIA, New Mexico Real Estate Mastermind, and ABQ Apartment Investor Breakfast.

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Frankie Woods Where have you buying and holding if I can ask?

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    6y

    @Giovanni Benitez I've bought near Taylor Ranch, La Cueva, and Downtown.  They've performed well, but nothing spectacular.  Just steady income. 

  • Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Frankie Woods Thanks for the advise. Looking to start slow and expand up!

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    6y

    @Giovanni Benitez That's the best way IMO!  ABQ is a great market, but it's a bit difficult to find crazy deals out here in my experience.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 102 votes
    6y

    @Frankie Woods

    Hey Frankie-

    What are your thoughts about the Albuquerque market right now? Inventory seems to be moving pretty quickly once listed or are at least “pending” within a few days. I’d love to connect with you sometime and pick your brain. I’m new to the game.

  • Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 152 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Hazelwood 
    I'm a multi-family investor in Albuquerque. 
    I agree that single family is moving quickly. There is a lack of inventory, so retail buyers are picking up homes quickly.

    You could look at small MF.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 102 votes
    6y

    @Jens Nielsen

    I sent you a message. It looks like a lot of the smaller multi family are still overpriced imo. What are your thoughts about the current prices?

  • Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 152 votes
    6y

    Well yes. But with enough work and connecting with the right people you can make it happen.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 50 posts · 102 votes
    6y

    @Jens Nielsen

    What are the best connections to make when getting started?

  • Investor · Santa Fe, NM · Member since 2016 · 221 posts · 152 votes
    6y

    Brokers and anyone already doing deals. Working with a coach or accountability partner also helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Hazelwood Everything you are seeing online is probably overpriced.  Look up articles on BP about sourcing off market properties.  It may feel uncomfortable at first, you may have to find what works for you, but if you want to consistently find potential deals without immense competition it's likely where you should start.  Read Brandon Turner's article about how he purchased a fourplex for one dollar. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.