New Member Introduction

6 Replies

Hi All,

I just wanted to finally take the time to introduce myself. I discovered BP nearly a month ago and have found myself consumed with trying to soak up as much information as possible. I graduated from UGA last August with a degree in finance and was interested in pursuing the corporate world for quite some time. However, I maintained throughout my time in college that I wanted to some day fix & flip, as well as own rental property in order to create generational wealth. After stumbling around for quite some time in the current job market, it dawned on me that I had no passion for punching a clock the rest of my life and decided to pursue real estate as a career full time. I have recently attained my real estate license, begun attending BP webinars, & have read many of the books suggested on the forums (though I find more every day & am open to suggestions). It is my hope that through BP I can find and become a positive contributor to a community of like-minded individuals.

That's awesome @Graham Bollinger and kudos to you for skipping the clock punching and diving straight into RE so quickly.  Keep the passion! I spent about 12 years in retail financial planning before I had not only "had enough" but also had enough confidence to do something about it.  Best to you in your endeavors!

Thank you @Tracy Cummins ! I wish I had skipped the clock punching altogether- though it was very useful in showing me exactly what I don't want to do. Love Charlotte by the way! I've tried not so subtly to nudge my wife that way lol. Best of luck to you!

Welcome! It's a crazy, but fun business. Soak up education and seek mentors. Persistently evaluate how you can add more value to the marketplace and you'll do well.

Congratulations on your recently attained real estate license and welcome to Bigger Pockets. Continue to self educate through the webinars as well as podcasts. It's a great way to learn from seasoned investors. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you