• Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Ready to go

Marc Pfleger
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted May 8 2013, 19:53

I am starting out and have not done a deal yet but it will happen. I purchased an inheritance list along with yellow letter mailers, the first batch will go out soon. Wholesaling seriously interests me and I am determined to find my first deal. I need to work for myself. My interest in REI was peaked when my father visited me in St. Pete, FL. He runs a Remax office in northern NJ, he has been in the RE industry for 30 plus years and has rehabbed a few properties here and there, anyway he noticed the values of some of these homes and the comps and asked if I would be interested in overseeing some rehab projects. At first I was skeptical but then said why the hell not and go for it. I started reading everything. My father has cash by the way. Then I discovered wholesale real estate. Assigning contracts, bringing two people together for a deal and receiving a check, basically, sounds great to me. I know there is much hard work involved and I am prepared to do that. I want to build something of my own. I want to ultimately run a successful REI business with passive streams of income, some rehabs, wholesale deals everything. I am getting ahead of myself, I believe I need to focus on one area at a time and eventually grow. I am looking for any help. My father and I have looked into avenues such as buying a homevestors franchise, looking into mentoring programs etc. basically to help me break into the business and show me what to look for when inspecting a property, how to price things, value property, knowing the local market etc., my father can help with the negotiating techniques and he himself in his ripe old age will always learn. Ideally, I think a local mentor would be money well spent. At the same time I think all these programs are full of it and I can learn all this stuff on my own. I do not know what direction is best for me but I have already committed to the mailers and will try some OTJ training. Any advice is welcomed.
- Marc

also i am trying to figure out the best way to set up an LLC properly catered to real estate investing, how to not get thrown in jail next Wesley Snipes because of taxes, set up a squeeze page that I am beginning to learn about basically everything. I want to shorten my learning curve but I find it hard to justify spending all that money on programs etc. anyway BP seems like a great resource, thanks for reading.

Loading replies...