Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you all!

Investor · CA · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 5 votes

Hello, BiggerPockets members! My name is John and I'm a brand new real estate investor. I am wholesaling virtually and I've chosen to invest in the Michigan market. If there is anyone in the Michigan who would like to connect, feel free to contact me and hopefully we can build a long term working relationship. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! 

Also, if anyone has any advice or suggestions on what to look for when entering a new market, I would really appreciate it if you'd share it with me. Thank you!

4Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Lansing, MI · Member since 2020 · 170 posts · 91 votes
5y

Welcome @John Tran! I'd say you're starting off just fine by reaching out to the public and networking.

Linking up with locals in the area you're looking to invest in is step number one. They'll be able to give you the most accurate and up to date happenings of that area. 

Michigan has an extremely low inventory of houses (SFR & Multifamily) at the moment with tons of buyers for that low inventory (In-state & Out-of-state). The midwest as a whole is a hot market right now because of the comparatively affordable prices and the great cash-flow potential with current market rents. 

My suggestion is to start with two things.
   1) Build your list of potential Buyers so you are ready to go once you get a wholesale deal.
   2) Establish an effective way to find properties you can wholesale (Direct mailer marketing, foreclosure research & home equity reports, paying locals a small fee to send you off-market property info).

Hope this helps and best of luck to you and your business!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 301 posts · 80 votes
    5y

    Hey @John Tran.   Great to meet you, and welcome to BP.  I'm not familiar with the Michigan market, but if you haven't already follow and post in the Michigan Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

    If I can help moving forward, feel free to connect.  Best with it!!

  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    5y

    Hi @John Tran,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets and great to have you here!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Connor AndersonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 102 votes
    5y

    Welcome @John Tran! Michigan is a great market for cash flow and hopefully a little bit of appreciation, at a lower price point then CA. I work with a lot of investors in a few different markets (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Muskegon). Please reach out if I can help you with your investments.

  • Rental Property Investor · Kalamazoo, MI (Kalamazoo) · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    I'm in Kalamazoo just getting started but looking for multifamilies. Let me know if I can be of help. 

  • Professional · Canton, MI · Member since 2016 · 296 posts · 230 votes
    5y

    @John Tran happy to give you more insight into local markets in SE Michigan!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Tran:

    Hello, BiggerPockets members! My name is John and I'm a brand new real estate investor. I am wholesaling virtually and I've chosen to invest in the Michigan market. If there is anyone in the Michigan who would like to connect, feel free to contact me and hopefully we can build a long term working relationship. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you! 

    Also, if anyone has any advice or suggestions on what to look for when entering a new market, I would really appreciate it if you'd share it with me. Thank you!

    You are in the right place John!

  • Real Estate Agent · Lansing, MI · Member since 2020 · 170 posts · 91 votes
    5y

    Welcome @John Tran! I'd say you're starting off just fine by reaching out to the public and networking.

    Linking up with locals in the area you're looking to invest in is step number one. They'll be able to give you the most accurate and up to date happenings of that area. 

    Michigan has an extremely low inventory of houses (SFR & Multifamily) at the moment with tons of buyers for that low inventory (In-state & Out-of-state). The midwest as a whole is a hot market right now because of the comparatively affordable prices and the great cash-flow potential with current market rents. 

    My suggestion is to start with two things.
       1) Build your list of potential Buyers so you are ready to go once you get a wholesale deal.
       2) Establish an effective way to find properties you can wholesale (Direct mailer marketing, foreclosure research & home equity reports, paying locals a small fee to send you off-market property info).

    Hope this helps and best of luck to you and your business!

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @John Tran

    The Midwest is a great market and Michigan has some good returns. The biggest downside is that Ohio State has beaten Michigan for the past 10 years causing morale to be low throughout the state. It’s not looking like that’s going to change for another decade.

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.