• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Cookeville, TN
Votes |
New Member - Middle Tennessee

Bryan L.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Cookeville, TN
Posted Jul 1 2013, 05:33

Hello everyone. I've been investing in the middle Tennessee area now for about 10 years, but just now joining BP. A little about me: I bought my first foreclosure about 10 years ago, and I still live in it. That house (combined with a pink slip from my j.o.b.) is what got me started in real estate. I am also a Realtor, which is mostly to aid and assist my investing business, but I do a little Realtor work as well. At one point I was able to quite the j.o.b. and go full-time, but that ended when the market crashed. I'm now half-time in RE and I also have a part-time job. This seems to be working out fairly well since the job provides some amount of steady income, but it's also a very flexible type of arrangement. I can pretty much set my own schedule and can work from home some, so it fits well with the RE stuff. After going through the crash as a full-time investor, I'm not sure that I want to be there again unless/until I have a much better base of operations (positive cash-flow properties and PLENTY of cash and/or lines of credit to weather a storm). I mostly do buy/fix/sell investing, but I'm open to wholesaling and I have some rentals. Most of my buys come off the MLS, but I am looking to add in some marketing to get the phone ringing from motivated sellers in pre-foreclosure, short sales, or whatever. I've been on a couple of other forums like this, and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Loading replies...