New to BiggerPockets from Santa Rosa, CA.

11 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets community,

I am one of those "accidental" investors, now looking to become an intentional investor. Excited to learn and network while I find the next opportunity.

I have a career I enjoy very much in the tech industry and my initial strategy is buy and hold outside of the Bay Area.  Please feel free to suggest any regions I should look into.  From what I've seen WI,FL,TX and IN are on my list. 

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Cheers!

Christian, I'd recommend you to take a look at the Ohio markets here. Primarily my market of Toledo or Columbus. A good contact to reach out to would be @Brandon Goldsmith in Columbus. Likewise you can reach out to me any time to discuss my market.

Originally posted by @Christian Espana :

I am one of those "accidental" investors, now looking to become an intentional investor. Excited to learn and network while I find the next opportunity.

I have a career I enjoy very much in the tech industry and my initial strategy is buy and hold outside of the Bay Area.  Please feel free to suggest any regions I should look into.  From what I've seen WI,FL,TX and IN are on my list. 

Cheers!

I recommend you read this article on OOS investing. It explains the importance of creating your core four. You will need to get a local, rockstar Realtor, contractor, lender, and property manager.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/core-four-real-estate-team

I invest here in Columbus, Ohio

Originally posted by @Christian Espana :

Cheers!

Christian, awesome that you joined!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you