• Connecticut
Votes |
First-time Investor looking to connect and buy in CT

Temi Oshin
  • Investor
  • Connecticut
Posted Jan 20 2022, 12:35

Hello Everyone,

I am new to real estate investing. Joined BP recently and I'd like to introduce myself and connect to this community.

Over the past few months, I have spent most of my free time voraciously learning through books, articles, podcasts, YouTube videos... anything I could lay my hands on. However, I believe its time to put it all that into action!

So In order to start well, I am looking to build a network of fellow investors and professionals in the CT area, and hopefully start to form my core team from within in it. I recently joined CTREIA and I've been meeting some great people there, so I'm hoping to do same here as well.

My goal is to increasingly build passive income through real estate over time, so I find myself drawn towards a Buy and Hold strategy - and looking to target properties with some value-add potentials to drive good cashflow and capital appreciation.

With that in mind, my immediate objective is to find and acquire my 1st Multifamily rental property (preferably 12+ units) in the next 90 days. I live in Central CT and work Southwest CT so I'm a bit familiar with a few parts of these markets. As probably expected of a newbie, I'm thinking to start somewhere here, but I'm hoping to leverage the knowledge, experience and feedback from this network to narrow it down or enlighten me about opportunities in other CT submarkets that I may research into.

Lastly, I strongly believe in evolving opinions and strategies as new information comes to light, so please feel free to suggest away - groups or meetups in the area that I could join, or thoughts that may be different from above- all welcome.

Thanks for all of your help and I look forward to connecting with you!

Many Thanks...

Temi

PS: If there are other newbies out there reading this, I'll be happy to share whatever I've found so far or find in the future, so reach out.

Loading replies...