• Tehachapi, CA
Votes |
Somebody talk me down

Charles Soper
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tehachapi, CA
Posted Jun 9 2018, 16:34

So I’m still pretty fresh to the landlord experience and I wonder if somebody might talk some sense into me.

Im having an issue with A duplex in the Sarasota area that is scheduled for rehab but came with inherited tenants.  The tenants that are scheduled to move out on the 30th of June just submitted a maintenance request stating one of their window A/C units seems to have died.

As I understand it, Florida law doesn’t require a landlord provide A/C, only heat (seems backwards for Fl).  I’ve told the tenant that I will not be replacing or fixing the unit since they are moving in a few weeks and I intend to install a mini-split system instead of new window units - Sol i would be throwing good money away (and possibly the replacement unit) upon rehab.

Now the human being in me is a compassionate person and wants to bend over backwards to accommodate every tenant request, the business owner is saying stay the course.  Can anybody provide some input or talk some sense To me on way or the other?

Loading replies...