Deeds search in Brown county, IN

9 Replies

@Andrey Melvil I just went to the site and it said that documents were up to date as of 1/16/2020. I don't have a name to search or property so I can't validate anything. FYI I use to sell and install this kind of software not this specific one but land records management systems. So I am pretty familiar with them in general. 

Originally posted by @Tyler Gibson :

@Andrey Melvil I just went to the site and it said that documents were up to date as of 1/16/2020. I don't have a name to search or property so I can't validate anything. FYI I use to sell and install this kind of software not this specific one but land records management systems. So I am pretty familiar with them in general. 

I tried to find Notices of default for the several properties. Wasn't able. For example Tom Campbell was served.

Originally posted by @Andrey Melvil :
Originally posted by @Tyler Gibson:

I tried to find Notices of default for the several properties. Wasn't able. For example Tom Campbell was served.

I am seeing documents for that name in 2015 but not the document you are talking about. 

Originally posted by @Andrey Melvil :

@Tyler Gibson

Exactly the same with the other names. So it seems not updated.

Is it the only official site?

Since it is linked out from the official county site I would think so. Did you try creating an account. They may have a paid subscription that allows you to see more recent documents. You could go to the recorders office and probably search for free. I worked with some counties that charged for the online searching so that could be the case. 

Getting access to your county assessor live sale feed is one way. To be perfectly honest, your best value would be using a service like https://www.firstam.com/real-e... are the backbone of any sales/tax data for the national MLSs.... There's really only 'two' big dogs when it comes to property data= Corelogic, and First American. It's who pretty much the rest of the vendors buy wholesale from.

First American is the bomb.

Originally posted by @Joe Balber:

Getting access to your county assessor live sale feed is one way. To be perfectly honest, your best value would be using a service like https://www.firstam.com/real-e... are the backbone of any sales/tax data for the national MLSs.... There's really only 'two' big dogs when it comes to property data= Corelogic, and First American. It's who pretty much the rest of the vendors buy wholesale from.

First American is the bomb.

Thank you!

But I can't figure it out what kind of data they provide.

Originally posted by @Tyler Gibson :
Originally posted by @Andrey Melvil:

@Tyler Gibson

Exactly the same with the other names. So it seems not updated.

Is it the only official site?

Since it is linked out from the official county site I would think so. Did you try creating an account. They may have a paid subscription that allows you to see more recent documents. You could go to the recorders office and probably search for free. I worked with some counties that charged for the online searching so that could be the case. 

Yes, I've created an account, but got the same docs

You might actually want to just 'call' First American, if you have an account. As you have not stated 'what' it is with deeds that you are looking for, I  would oinly be able to answer so much. But First American will be able to. They run Machine Learning against the scanned images of docs, and collect the data from the doc that the county does not know to collect. Call them...First american is 'good people' and will tell you how to find 'whats what' in their data. Chances are, if First American does not have the what you are looking for... It's just not out there.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here