Stephanie Money
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Enjoy my 20s or invest?

Stephanie Money
  • Houston, TX
Posted Oct 4 2019, 14:35

Howdy everyone! 

I am currently a student at Texas A&M and I will be graduating in December. I am OBSESSED with BP podcasts and am recently new to the forums which has facilitated and grown my love and passion for real estate. I have many goals when it comes to real estate and I know in order to reach those goals I need to "live like no one now, so that later I can live like no one" -a quote often said by Mendy. I have no problem with living frugally and smart in order to make my dreams of owning rental properties come to fruition, however the one thing that has been on my mind lately is whether or not I should step off the breaks a little bit and try to enjoy my 20s (obviously you need money to enjoy yourself i.e. travel, vacations, etc.) or if I should just hit the ground running post graduation and save save save so that I can invest and get started with real estate sooner. I know the longer I wait the more it probably won't happen because I will have a family eventually.   

I just wanted to hear from experienced and more wiser investors on if they think it really is worth it to enjoy myself while I am young or if I should stay on track and save money and get into real estate so that later in life I can retire earlier and enjoy myself then???

Any Advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to a 23 year old with big dreams! 

Loading replies...