Property Managers in Grand Rapids, MI

8 Replies

In the process for saving up for the first down payment to start investing, I'm looking for an apartment to move into for 9 months to a year. As a former leasing agent and current real estate agent I thought this should be a relatively easy endeavor. I started contacted property management companies to get some showings set up for downtown Grand Rapids.

That was four days ago. I've made a dozen calls a day, and only gotten one single company on the phone. It is incredible. I'm a hot lead and these guys won't answer their phones. I know there are bad companys out there, but I haven't found a truly good one yet. Any recommendations? Or any of you working with property management and wonder if your company is one of the ones I called or emailed? I'll let you know in a private message.

I had the exact same experience when I moved here. Where are you coming from?

Originally posted by @Nick Bellmore :

I had the exact same experience when I moved here. Where are you coming from?

We live here now with family, but we were in Chicago. How'd you solve your problem?

Originally posted by @Jake Thomas :

@Matt Gehrls

Get in contact with @Tim VandenToorn he might be able to help you out.

Thanks Jake. Always appreciated. I'm reaching out now.

@Matt Gehrls thanks for reaching out.  Check out our website www.rentupm.com to see if we have anything that fits your needs.  What are your requirements?  

Originally posted by @Tim VandenToorn :

@Matt Gehrls thanks for reaching out.  Check out our website www.rentupm.com to see if we have anything that fits your needs.  What are your requirements?  

Basically, if it is under $800 we are interested and ready to get going. Move in date in flexible. Ideally 1 bed and not studio, but if it is a two bedroom that fits that criteria that's fine. Ideally in Grand rapids or a little north, but still south of 96.

@Tim Vanden Toorn I just contacted your staff. They answered the phone on my first try. You guys seem to be doing it right. Lance set me up and was really nice and helpful. We have a showing set up for Monday. Thank you so much for your help. You gained a fan today.

@Matt Gehrls

Thanks for the kind words on your post. We do believe we provide a better service to both residents and investors than most management companies. Although its our busy season and we are are running with only 66% of our staff we strive to be available. I know you are not a customer yet, but if you wouldn't mind posted what you said in your first post regarding your experience contacting our competitors on United Properties Google review page I would greatly appreciate it.  

In regards to your search we do have a few duplexes in your price range currently under remodel not yet listed on line that should be available early Sept. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.