Skip to content
New York Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
John Hickey
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Votes |
Brooklyn Multi family rent control question.

John Hickey
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Posted May 25 2017, 18:50
Found an interesting deal in Bushwick. Need to do some digging to see if it's a deal. 8 family 1.7m. Building has been under 7A management for years. rent roll is 6k per month. I know the taxes are 8k. No cash cow. The building is Brick, in good shape, 6k sf. The rest of the expenses haven't been made available but I'm talking with the 7A soon so that should be cleared up. I have the DHSCR with all rents listed. None are over 1000. Most are around 500 one apt is 208. I'd be looking to raise the rents closer to market. I pulled the last 25 years of registrations and they show rents of 1350-1500 within the last ten years and then rents dropping down to the current rates while under the 7A. I'm pretty familiar with Bushwick rents. I don't have any units there but I'm close by and I keep track of rents near me. I would say the apartments would rent for around 2500 each if they were free market. I'm not too familiar with rent control, so I'm looking for anyone that has dealt with preferential rent/legal to chime in. I'm sure I'll need a lawyer that's dealt with rent control(my lawyer is clueless to RC) so if anyone has one I'd love to hear.

Loading replies...