Way to suggest a seventh sub-forum? Western NC?

13 Replies

Hey everybody,

I was just curious if there's a way to suggest another sub-forum in the North Carolina forum? I know we have an Asheville forum, but wouldn't it make sense to have a forum for the entire western part of the state? There's a lot of area not covered.

Is there a way to do this, or were these sub-forums created at the beginning of this site and therefore are set this way going forward permanently?

Hi!  I'm in Asheville, but folks do seem to lump Western NC all together.  It would make sense to do another subforum.  My suggestions are to either ask Support or tag someone like @Mindy Jensen , @Brandon Turner , or @Zachary Gwin (assuming that's the right Zach).  Good luck!  I support your idea.  :-)

Jody Schnurrenberger

@Jody Schnurrenberger Thanks for tagging them!  I wasn't sure if this was a thing that could even be done.  There is just so much area in Western NC so I figured it makes sense to have a subforum for that since the whole rest of the state is covered! You have responded to a few of my posts recently and I see you posting here but I paid attention to the fact that you are in "Ashe-Vegas" as the kids here call it. haha  

How is the investing market around you??  Investing up here in Boone is impossible with property values so high so Ihave been looking more towards Wilkes and Winston.

Ashe-Vegas!  Awesome!  I haven't heard it called that, but I love it!  lol  I don't actually invest here.  I find the property values higher than I prefer, plus this city doesn't really fit some of my criteria.  I invest in Auburn, AL and plan to start branching out into Raleigh in 2018 or 2019.  

I'm just in Asheville for the VA right now because I have multiple issues from Iraq, including a brain injury which currently prevents me from driving. It sucks. :-P But one of the best VAs in the nation is in Asheville, so I'm here for the moment. :-)

I haven't even noticed that I've been responding to several of your posts lately, @Brian H.   I just type and hit Post Reply.  Hahaha!  I figure I won't remember the person from one hour to the next anyway...at least not until there's been a good bit of interaction.  But I do agree with your WNC idea.  :-)

Jody Schnurrenberger

I am all for a forum for Western Asheville. It would definitely help because Asheville is an interesting place to invest. I am a new investor and have been looking around the area trying to figure out what the best way to invest is.

Originally posted by @JOHN DALEY :

I am all for a forum for Western Asheville. It would definitely help because Asheville is an interesting place to invest. I am a new investor and have been looking around the area trying to figure out what the best way to invest is.

I was asking about a sub-forum for Western NC, not Western Asheville.  I don't think local forums get that specific.

That was a typo. I did mean Western NC.

Fantastic! Thanks a lot, Mindy.  That will cover a lot of previously uncovered area in the state!

Originally posted by @Brian H. :

How is the investing market around you??  Investing up here in Boone is impossible with property values so high so Ihave been looking more towards Wilkes and Winston.

Is it really that bad up there in Boone? I've browsed through the MLS, and from what I've seen houses tend to stay on the market their for a lot longer (not really a sellers market like in the triangle). Looked to be some decent cash-flowing houses near App State that could hit 1% rule... I could be wrong

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.