Pennsylvania Residential Lease

11 Replies

Good Day All,

I am a new investor in Pennsylvania and am searching for a residential lease that is legal and binding in my state.  My understanding is leases are state specific and PA in particular has certain requirements.  Does anyone have a lease format that they could send me or could someone point me in the right direction?  Many thanks.

Steve

@Steve Uhlig if you want a copy of the Standard plain language lease endorsed by PAR (PA association or Realtors) let me know and I can email you a copy. A lot of agencies use this form and they are written very well in my opinion. You may want to add addendum's and rules and regulations as part of the lease also.

That would be great Alex, please send a copy.  Thanks!  

So, my understanding is I can add my own addendum with specific rules, such as "no smoking while hanging out of the window" as an example.  Is this correct?

@Steve Uhlig

Keep in mind that the drafters wrote the PAR Form so that realtors and brokers can use it. So I wouldn't use it verbatim. But it's a good form overall. 

As for the addendums, PAR drafted several addendums. This is not to say that you can't write your own addendums --- you just have to think about how it would work out. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

Originally posted by @Alex Deacon :

@Steve Uhlig if you want a copy of the Standard plain language lease endorsed by PAR (PA association or Realtors) let me know and I can email you a copy. A lot of agencies use this form and they are written very well in my opinion. You may want to add addendum's and rules and regulations as part of the lease also.

Hello Alex.

Can you please send me copy of the simple Pa Residential lease agreement.

I find it a bit hilarious that investors will pay good money to buy a rental property, then want to "save a buck" by getting a lease for free. LOL

As to the PAR residential lease, it is neutral for the most part. As a landlord, you want the lease to be as landlord friendly as you can get, not neutral; the courts are sufficiently tenant friendly so you need to get your advantage in  place without hoping the courts will see things in favor of the landlord.