Columbia, SC - Bandit Signs

5 Replies

Fellow Columbians, where are y'all finding the best deals on your bandit signs? A quick Google search turned up a few results, but none of them had pricing. Before I started asking them for quotes, I figured I'd try to get some recommendations on here!

For anyone not from Columbia, got any generic suggestions when looking for signage?

Thanks in advance!

That's interesting. Bandit signs seem to be pretty popular, and I see them all over town. I'm guessing those folks either don't know they're not permitted, or simply don't care.

I've used dirtcheapsigns.com and had good luck.  I have to have my signs put out on Friday and picked up on Sunday night to avoid the sign police.

Originally posted by @Lucas Clarkson :

That's interesting. Bandit signs seem to be pretty popular, and I see them all over town. I'm guessing those folks either don't know they're not permitted, or simply don't care.

Driving faster than the posted speed limit seems to be pretty popular too.  Everyone all over town does it.  Guess those folks don't know speeding is against the law, or simply don't care.

Bandit signs are in violation of muni code almost everywhere.  Hence why they are called bandit signs.  If they were permitted, you wouldn't have to post them in the dark of the night and use a phone number that can't be traced.  Trouble doing business with people who are willing to break the law when it's to their advantage....is that you never know when it will be to your disadvantage.

To be clear, bandit signs are not a gray area. Your muni has sign laws.  The type of sign you want to post and where you want to post it is either in compliance or not.  Know what those laws are. Violate them if you so choose. And remember not to get too bummed when others in your community break the law because everyone else is doing it or they simply don't care.  :)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.