Votes
James Staples
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
Have cash, eager to learn, seeking Mentor

James Staples
  • Clarksville, TN
Posted May 27 2018, 22:43

My name is James Staples V .  I live in Clarksville Tennessee.  I am 56 y/o and have been on SSD for 20 years.  i am married, my wife  [ 60 y/o ] is also disabled due to no kidneys and is on Home Hemo Dialysis, but she spends hours everyday looking through real estate , and though we have found several great oppurtunities, we have no been able to capitalise on them due to out low income and crummy credit ,  [although when i moved here i had 621 score until when I tried to refi through Loan Depot, they really messed me up and I am not sure what my score is now.]

I think the first thing I need to do is repair my credit as best as I can, as well as see what kind of assets and value I have to help me get the investing process going. [ kinda long story packed with lessons there]  

Due to a small windfall we have $5,000 earmarked for beginning real estate investing in hopes of getting our of our crushing poverty trench.

I want to begin by doing non rehab wholesaling,  but am also wondering if Tax Lien investing might allow me more bang for my few bucks.  I have tried to research the concept- but for some reason find it confusing.  I think it is just the presentations because it just does not seem like it should be that difficult.

If there is anyone who feels they can assist me in learning and puttingthings into action I would greatly appreciate being contacted.  I am home 24/7, have lots of time to put into work.  I think I would do better with hands on and personal training as I get distracted when going through Web videos etc.   I am sure one I get the "Mechanics and processes"  down I will be ok.  I have been to college, am reasonably intelligent,  chronic reader and studier,  just late getting to the party.

Thanks

James Staples V

Loading replies...