• Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
New and Looking for Advice

Alyssa De Los Santos
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jun 23 2017, 11:49

Hello, My name is Alyssa and I'm in San Antonio, TX. 

I’m new to real estate investing and I am looking for some advice. I have about 20k set aside for my first deal but I am nervous to put all my eggs in one basket. In other words I don’t want to spend the entire 20k on this first one in case it goes south.

I’ve looked into getting a multi-family or single family property to rent out but single family doesn’t appeal to me because I feel like there would be limited room for growth. I like the idea of Multi-family but I can only afford properties with a lot of deferred maintenance in lower income neighborhoods.

I thought about renting a unit and subletting it as an Airbnb to limit the risks of in 6 months to a year, whenever the lease ends, if I don’t like the results I could simply move on but I don’t know how to find a landlord willing to partner with me on this. I would like to make it beneficial for both of us by either giving the landlord/property owner more than market rent or giving them a percentage of the bookings. I’m just not sure where/how to find the right person and property for this.

I have also looked into fix and flips but I’m not even sure where to start with that. Maybe after I get a little bit more experience and money under my belt.

Does anybody know a good jumping off point for somebody with my budget and limited experience? Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for the advice. 

Loading replies...