Fort Worth Neighborhood?

6 Replies

Hey All, Newb here seeking advice about a rental in Ft. Worth just south of the historic southside area in the hillside morningside hood. Anybody familiar with this area and have advice on whether it's a war zone or if it would be decent for a rental?

You can make money in any neighborhood. That area is a little rough. 

@Scott Schober Home in that area have GREAT cashflow... when the tenants are paying. Just something to think about. It may look great on paper but you need to have a very conservative vacancy and repair budget. Also have someone lined up for evictions.

Originally posted by @Scott Schober :

Hey All, Newb here seeking advice about a rental in Ft. Worth just south of the historic southside area in the hillside morningside hood. Anybody familiar with this area and have advice on whether it's a war zone or if it would be decent for a rental?

That's a pretty tough neighborhood and last time I drove it I wasn't really seeing gentrification signs yet. But, southside of downtown is finally having a comeback and who knows, it might spread east? You have potential renters as students for Tex Wes; but, my understanding is it's primarily a commuter school.