Midland Texas Investor Group?

6 Replies

Hi @Brad Stuteville there are 2 meetups I know of and can recommend. The first is the Permian Basin Real Estate Investors Group. They meet once a month and switch between Odessa and Midland for the meeting location. The next meetup is on Tuesday August, 21st at 6:45 pm. I'm not sure of the location because my wife has the meetup login info. If you join the group on meetup it has the locations, dates, and times.

Second there is the Midland Cashflow 101 Meetup that @Mike Evans runs. They get together and play Kiyosaki's Cashflow game and sometimes talk real estate as well. It's a good time. It also meets once a month, always at Michael's Charcoal Grill. The next meeting is this coming Friday, August 17th from 6:30-8:30 pm.

Does anyone meetup?  I'm actually thinking about a 10 unit in Midland, texas.  So how is the area for investing?

@Susan O. Market is still hot with a lot of demand for everything, including rentals. Like any real estate investment if the price is right jump on it. It is very hard to find a multifamily come up for sale for a decent price in this area. 

Originally posted by @Jesus Vazquez :

@Susan O. Market is still hot with a lot of demand for everything, including rentals. Like any real estate investment if the price is right jump on it. It is very hard to find a multifamily come up for sale for a decent price in this area. 

How is the market feel now that the Oil price has plummeted and entered a bear market?  Are people looking to sell?  Seems like it could be a ghost town soon? 

@Susan O. From from being a ghost town. Companies in the oil field business are investing literally billions in this area. Oil price declines were expected this time of year, even at this rate. The real estate market in Midland has had a slight correction with properties not selling the minute they are listed. Odessa which is a few miles away has not felt the correction yet.